The movie The Vow was opened to the public on February 10th. Of course, I was at the theatre that night- with popcorn and milk duds in hand- to see it. The Vow is a movie based on real life events, about a couple who struggle to keep their marriage intact after a devastating car accident leaves Paige (wife) with severe memory loss after coming out a coma. Once she comes to, Paige has no recollection of her life with Leo (Husband). In her mind, Paige is engaged to former fiancĂ© and is still on her way to becoming a lawyer. This is observably far from her current way of life that she has no memory of. Throughout the movie you see Leo struggle with his relationship that is slipping through his fingers, at no fault of his own. The whole time Paige’s parents are attempting to essentially “take her” from Leo and get her back home. The audience, as well as Paige, finds out later in the movie why her parents need to try and manipulate her back to her childhood home. I will not tell you how this movie concludes, for I do not want to ruin the ending. Although, I will recommend renting it once it is released on DVD; as well as recommending it for an at-home date night if you have a significant other!
I hope you can see the story for what it is, a not-so-classical take on real life love and the struggles relationships go through while life is taking each and every one of our worlds by storm...
No comments:
Post a Comment